What is Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and many, many other)?
- Simple Infographic Video from 2011:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo (Then Bitcoin was just $1, if you invested a $100 you would be a millionaire today)
- Tim Ferris Pod-cast – http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/
- Vice News Documentary on Bitcoin & Mining –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I&list=LLIDyzhYWaews-mt1gC_6mJA&index=6&t=101s
- Blockchain 101 : https://youtu.be/_160oMzblY8 a great overview of the underlying technology
How do you Buy Cryprocurrency ?
- Coin Base:https://www.coinbase.com/
- Others: Kraken, Craigslist, Local Bitcoin, etc
How do you Store Cryptocurrency ?
- Exchange where you bought it, but this is Risky! (If the exchange goes down, so do your cryotos)
- In a Paper or Digital Wallet, but Understand the Basics: A Public Key is used for Deposits & Privet Key is used for Withdrawals, DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY!
- Ideally store both on a Hardware Wallet, I use the Leger Nano S https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/9c78
How do I know When it is a Good Time to Buy or Sell Cryptocurrency?
- Follow “Experts” on YouTube, here is my current list (no particular order, just find someone who resonates with you:
- Cliff High : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqKmAz_aeM&t=2346s
- Ameer Rosic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0OsEL92_0&index=4&list=LLIDyzhYWaews-mt1gC_6mJA
- David Hay:https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidHaydotOrg
- IVAN on Tech:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrYmtJBtLdtm2ov84ulV-yg
- Crypto Blood: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1QFCL4wEDaAdfXQxDMgr7Q
- BTC Sessions:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChzLnWVsl3puKQwc5PoO6Zg
- Follow Cryptocurrency News
- CoinDesk: https://www.coindesk.com/
How do I Spend Cryptocurrency?
- Buy Gift Cards for major retailers and restaurants:https://www.gyft.com/bitcoin/
- At Progressive Companies like Overstock.com, Virgin American, here is a longer list: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-28/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-list-companies-stores-shops
- Crypto Debit Card, yep just use them as regular debit cards
How do I Trade Currency?
- Open a trading account:
- Have a Plan
- When to Buy, only you can decide
- When & How to Sell, Ideally have multiple exchanges, when volume picks up some exchanges can go offline, and that another reason to use a harware wallet, such as the Leger Nano S https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/9c78